ALI PROJECT is getting ready to release their greatest hits album “KAIKAI KIKI ALI PROJECT Ventennale Music, Art Exhibition”. The album celebrates their 20th anniversary (1992-2012) and comes on 2-CDs with 31 of their greatest hits plus new song “Kaikai Kiki” for a total of 32 tracks. The Limited edition adds a bonus Blu-ray with 13 music videos including one for “KaiKai Kiki”. ALI PROJECT’s greatest hits album comes on two editions and is scheduled to hit stores February 20th 2013 – read on for more release details…
ALI PROJECT consists of Takarano Arika (vocals, lyrics) and Katakura Mikiya (composition, arrangement). They debuted in 1992 with single “Koi seyo otome” and have many of their song releases with tie-ups as anime and game themes. Including our favorite “Kitei no tsurugi” (2008) featured as the opening theme song for mech anime Linebarrels of Iron.
The duo’s unique style combines visual-Kei, neo-classical, and Japanese Aristocrat-fashion with songs having a mix of pop-rock and classical arrangements.
Their most recent single “Kyomu Densen” (2012.1) featured as the opening theme for anime Another is included on the album. All of the anime and game tie-ins for the included songs are listed below with the release details.
Their greatest hits album “KAIKAI KIKI ALI PROJECT Ventennale Music, Art Exhibition” comes on two editions,
- Limited on CDx2 with bonus Blu-ray that includes 13 music videos (all but the video for “..Troubadour” are songs included on the 2CD), deluxe packaging, 100-page photo book covering 20 years of jacket covers, posters, costumes, a 20th Anniversary tapestry, and a lottery application (click to enlarge).
- Regular on CDx2 (same track list as Limited). Includes 20th Anniversary sticker.
Limited edition includes a lottery application for special awards,
- 5 winners will be invited backstage at live event for meet and photo with ALI PROJECT, venue Shibuya Public Hall March 3rd 2013.
- 50 winners invited to exclusive live talk show with ALI PROJECT (venue in Tokyo).
- 200 winners special award (to be announced).
ALI PROJECT – “KAIKAI KIKI ALI PROJECT Ventennale Music, Art Exhibition” – release date February 20th 2013