ELISA returns from hiatus with new single “Soba ni Iruyo”. Its her 10th single and featured as the 2nd ending theme for anime Valvrave the Liberator. The single comes on three editions and is scheduled to hit stores June 19th 2013 – read on for more details.
Model/singer/song writer ELISA went on indefinite hiatus in fall 2011 when she canceled concerts and announced she was suffering from fatigue and exhaustion. According to the agency it had been building for about half a year, so she is making the difficult choice putting her career on hold to take care of her health. Interestingly ELISA does return on a new record label – moving from Geneon Universal over to Sony Music Entertainment Japan….
Originally signed as a model with elite Model Management, ELISA debuted as a singer with “euphoric field” (2007) that was also featured as opening theme for anime Ef: A Tale of Memories. All of ELISA’s previous singles have been used with anime or games as either opening or ending theme songs – 9 singles under her name and the 2 for anime The World God Only Knows released under the name Oratorio The World God Only Knows.
To support her come-back single ELISA will hold several launch events. Lottery application is available for purchasers via selected stores Animate, Gamers, HMV, Tower Records, Neo-wing, and more (see website for specific stores),
– 100 persons Tokyo venue July 27th 12:30pm
– 70 persons Osaka venue July 28th 12:30pm
Another launch event (mini-live and talk) for fan-club members will be held by lottery for 150 people – June 19th 7:30pm Tokyo venue.
Anime Valverave the Liberator began airing April 11th 2013 late-night on Tokyo MX. Outside of Japan the anime is simulcast on Crunchyroll. Check our Crunchyroll updates page for all the latest anime episodes or hit the link for Valvrave the Liberator for episodes and related stories. Group angela is providing the first ending theme with song “Boku Janai” (included on new album “ZERO” 2013.04.24) (episodes 1 – 6) and second ending theme “Soba ni Iruyo” starts with episode 7.
Her 10th single comes on three editions and ELISA is credited with providing the lyrics for all 3 new songs on the single,
– Limited with DVD that includes music video, making-of footage, and interview. Comes with message card A. First Press adds double-side poster (varies by store) and event application card.
– Limited anime themed with illustrated jacket cover. Includes TV-size version of title track. Comes with message card C. First Press adds double-side poster (varies by store) and event application card.
– Regular CD-only, comes with message card B. First Press adds double-side poster (varies by store) and event application card.
ELISA “Soba ni Iruyo” – release date June 19th 2013
ELISA Special website (Sony Music)