KANJANI8 revealed more details for their 25th single King of Otoko! – full track list, jacket covers, and bonuses unveiled. The single is the 3rd of their 3-month consecutive release plan and featured as the theme song for movie The Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji (Mogura no Uta Sennyu Sosakan REIJI). Single King of Otoko! comes on three editions hitting stores February 19th 2014 – read on for more details.
Most recently KANJANI8 released their 24th single Hibiki (ひびき) with tie-up as then theme song for TBS TV drama series Dr. DMAT staring member Tadayoshi Okura. It’s the group’s 2nd of their 3-month consecutive release plan. Single Hibiki hit stores January 15th 2014 and was #1, dominated the singles charts selling over 209,000 copies (more details).
The first of their consecutive releases, 23rd single Kokoro Sora Moyo ( ココロ空モヨウ) released December 4th 2013. The single has tie-up as theme song for Fuji TV drama Yorozu Uranaidokoro Onmyoya e Yokoso staring member Ryo Nishikido and Kashiwagi Yuki(AKB48). Single Kokoro Sora Moyo hit stores December 4th 2013 and also gave the group another #1 single on the Oricon weekly charts.
KANJANI8’s single King of Otoko! comes on three editions,
– Limited A with DVD that includes music video and making-of footage. Deluxe packaging and 3-consecutive release entry ticket.
– Limited B with DVD containing a live version of the title track plus opening and behind-the-scenes footage from their event LIVE TOUR JUKE BOX held January 19th 2014 at Kyocera Dome. Deluxe packaging, music video guide book, and 3-consecutive release entry ticket.
– Regular CD-only with bonus coupling track plus three karaoke tracks. First press version adds deluxe packaging, King of Calendar card, and 3-consecutive release entry ticket.
Selected stores will offer over-the-counter sales lottery for purchases of either edition of the new single (stores not yet announced and no award possible),
– Award A: KANJANI8 pin badge (1 of 7)
– Award B: King of Otoko! poster
– Award C: King of Otoko! sticker
Fans submitting the entry tickets from all three of the consecutive release singles are entered in a ticket lottery for special KANJANI8 meeting 2014 events planned for Tokyo and Osaka.
Trailer for movie Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji (premiers February 15th 2014 in theaters across Japan) follows below the release details.